Sunflower Substance Abuse Recovery Services
SSARS is an essential business and is currently open for business although some of our practices have temporarily changed.
Office Hours: Monday – Friday 10am to 6pm
Call for an appointment: (Counselor available after hours for emergencies)
Cell Phone: 913-731-1143
- Individual counseling sessions by phone or in person
- Alcohol and Drug Assessments
- Monitoring Services
- Group Sessions on virtual platform coming soon
Sunflower Substance Abuse Recovery Services are compliant with the CDC’s recommendations and ask the following questions before person-to-person meetings.
Questions asked of clients:
- Does the individual have a fever? (subjective or confirmed)
- Does the individual have signs or symptoms of lower respiratory illness? (cough or shortness of breath)
- Has the person had close contact with a confirmed COVID-19 patient within the last 14 days?
- Has the person traveled to a county or country considered a hot-spot for COVID-19 within the last 14 days?
Below is information on some general precautions that all people can use to reduce the spread of COVID-19. This information was adopted from the CCD recommendations:
- Use anti-bacterial sanitizer for your hands if washing is not an option.
- Avoid handshaking or hugging
- Washing hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after blowing nose, coughing, or sneezing; going to the bathroom; and before eating and preparing food
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands
- Stay at home when you are sick
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash
- Know the symptoms of COVID-19
- Shortness of breath
- Practice social distancing of at least 6 feet
- Use disinfecting wipes to wipe down high traffic surfaces
- No group sessions and reduced number of individual sessions